Monday, March 26, 2012

True Love

Posted by Melinda C at 6:47 PM
There is a girl I work with who's life is pretty similar to mine.  She's just a little older than me; she just recently turned 24 and I'll be 23 this summer.  She cloth diapers.  Her baby is only two months younger than Leo.  And her and her boyfriend are not married, like Anthony and I.  So we have a lot in common...we like working together because it's so nice to talk to someone who is in the same situation you're in.

Anyway, we were working together early Sunday morning.  In the midst of our opening duties she turns and asks me, "So do you love Anthony?"  Of course, my instantaneous reaction was, "Yes, of course."  I do love Anthony, more than anything.  She paused and looked at me and said, "No, I mean, like the same as before you had a kid?"

It got me thinking.  As I said, I do love Anthony, more than anything.  We have our beautiful baby and we're happy together (for the most part..what couple doesn't have fights?)..but it is different now after having a child.  I love him but the fairytale of the relationship isn't there anymore.  We're planning on getting married but I don't get to dream about a surprise proposal or a dream wedding.

I wouldn't trade my life for anything, I'm happy.  But it is different now.

Does anyone else feel the same way or understand where I'm coming from?

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
 

3 Dogs and a Baby Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea