Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving (Post 2)

Posted by Melinda C at 1:13 AM
Thanksgiving has come and gone, it's a bittersweet goodbye.  I love it because I love turkey and pie and seeing the family but I hate it because now it means I'm just going to be eating my heart out until the spring and I'm going to get soooooo fat.

In my last post, I said I was going to be making 3 pumpkin pies and my brother would be making the 2 apple pies. Well, we decided to go spend Wednesday night at my parents house so we could just bake the pies there and get sleep.  I guess, since I was coming out, my brother decided he wasn't going to bake?  I was up until 2 am baking Pumpkin pies and then had to be up at 8 am to start the apple pies.  I am so tired of pie baking!  I had to roll out 7 pie crusts!  But, on a good note, they were a HUGE hit.  I was sure we'd be bringing a whole pie home but, no, they were all completely devoured.  My dad was so upset because he only got a slice of pumpkin pie and didn't get a piece of apple pie so now I have to make an entire pie just for him.  And we had a ton of pumpkin mix leftover so I gave enough for my grandma to make 2 pies and we still have enough here to make at least two more pies ourselves.  I wonder if I can freeze it?

All the food was delicious today, I have to give credit to my entire family for all getting together to make such a big, awesome meal =)

And here are a couple of pictures that we took today before my camera died, I seem to have misplaced all of my four battery chargers!
                                      Here's our little family!  Cheeks, Doc, and Xavi are the boys.

I really wanted to get a little "family" picture.  We'll have to get a professional one done eventually, probably when Leo is a year old!

This is my little sister, Deanna, with Leo.  We may not look exactly alike but we must look somewhat alike because Leo kept thinking Deanna was me and kept reaching for her...that is, until she held him and he realized that she was not me!
Leo with his Great-Uncle Phil and Great-Grandpa Held.  I have to cherish the pictures of Leo and my grandparents!
And these were the kitties before we left.  They were snoozing on Leo's changing table/pack n play (aka our cloth diaper stash area, as you can see from the background)..but they were cuddling and obviously Simba has his little arm around Sole.  Too adorable.

I was hoping to get more pictures but my camera died =(  Tomorrow I'm going on a cleaning spree to find my chargers.  Otherwise, that's what I'll be asking for for Christmas!

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving and enjoyed it as much as I did!

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Awwwww.. So cute!! Your baby has my birthday!
Happy turkey day!
I love the pictures!

Hugs
Mary Ellen

Jen at A Heart Full of Love said...

Wonderful pictures! Sounds like you had a great day. Thanks for following me on Google+. I am following you back.

Powered by Blogger.
 

3 Dogs and a Baby Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea